I am so very thankful to have life back to this amount of fullness and wellness.

In February 2012 I met a friend for coffee in town. Sounds very normal, but for her and I this was a massive milestone. I hadn’t seen her for 6 years. She had previously attended the same church as myself. I couldn’t say we were friends particularly back then but I knew who she was, and then she got M.E., and disappeared. Two years later I was diagnosed with the same condition and she kindly wrote to me and we kept in touch through email after that.

But we’d never met up due to the severity of her condition and me no longer driving because of mine. Then she told me she was trying Mickel therapy. Two months after starting it she asked if I’d meet her in town for coffee. This was quite massive. I was so pleased at how she seemed when we met up and that she wasn’t having any major repercussions due to the extra things she was now doing. I decided I had to try Mickel therapy for myself. I had been

making slow progress but had seemed to come to a stand still again and was even concerned that my condition was deteriorating at this point. March 2012 I began talking on the phone to Clare Caldwell, my Mickel therapist. I remember after our first session on the phone I went straight out for a walk in the park behind the flat where I was then living. I felt so positive and had an overwhelming feeling that was the beginning of something, my new life.

Putting Mickel therapy in to practice wasn’t easy at first and I remember crying one afternoon because it seemed so hard and all I wanted to do was go to bed. But I persevered through it and I am so glad that I did. I guess nothing worth while is easy. Pretty quickly myself and those around me could notice the difference. The first thing I noticed was that I no longer experienced achey limbs. I went from relying on lifts and taxi’s to get anywhere to walking into town again and gradually started driving again. I can now walk anywhere I like and am driving up to an hour away, and back again.

Before starting Mickel therapy I had already decided to move to live closer to my family. I had thought this would be a massive undertaking and that my parents would have to do most of it. When they arrived to help me pack up and move in May I had done all of it and was able to help them load up. I was able to do most of the moving in and unpacking myself and driving around to buy things to furnish my new home.

It hasn’t all happened straight away, but for me, to be able to say that I am symptom free, 11 months after starting Mickel therapy, after being unwell for five years is incredible.

I started a part time job in September, something I had previously thought might never happen. I don’t anticipate ever working full time, unless I find my dream job, and I don’t yet know what that is. But the balance I have currently works for me. I am a very creative person, so four hours standing behind a desk is as long as I can cope with in one block. My boss gives me a break half way through that which really helps too. I do that three times a week and the rest of the time I am ‘keeping house’ and making jewellery, which is my passion at the moment and creative outlet. I no longer have to spend hours resting every day to be able to do an activity. I pretty much just keep going. When I do occasionally experience symptoms I know what to do now, having learned how to use the keys, and symptoms usually subside straight away.

I am so very thankful to have life back to this amount of fullness and wellness.

I can’t believe all that has happened in the last year. I am a believer that God does exceedingly abundantly above all that we could ask or imagine, and that He has used Mickel therapy to do that for me. I am now busy planning for my wedding in June!

February 2013

This entry was posted in Testimonials. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.